1.21.2011

Hair

Today I am going to talk a bit about the hair I have chosen and why I have chosen it. As with the teeth and eyes I have tried to approach the hair with a slightly different view. I could have easily chosen a standard grey or brown but I didn't really want this. First off I needed something that would suit the eye colour, not match the eye colour but suit it. Next I thought about were the werewolf was from so seen as I am from North Yorkshire. I carried out a bit of research into the wild animals from North Yorkshire and soon noticed that there were a lot of ginger animals, Fox's, red deer etc. I carried on a little longer with the research and was surprised to find that there is a species of wolf called the Manned Wolf that has red hair, Perfect!!!

I contacted National Fiber Technology and briefed them as to what I was after. After a few days I received a package from them containing ten small samples of hair. As always they came up with the goods. Although it is very expensive, it is by far the best available and worth every penny. Anyway I have chosen the hair I liked the best and will be ordering it in the next few days. OK, so that's it for now, I will be back soon with some maquette's of the final design.

I have uploaded my research folder as a kind of mood board. It contains images that I have collected while researching this project. I feel these images are all relevant to this project for one reason or another, they maybe have a good colour or texture or maybe they just inspire. If you are interested in seeing it them click here

No comments: