1.24.2011

Teeth


My friend Shani Sela a superb artist from Israel Wanted me to write the next section sooner than I was going to, so here I go...

Of course one of the main aspects of the werewolf is its teeth. Using the same design ethic, I began to research into Wolf jaws. I looked at many photographs of Wolf jaws and skulls but it soon became clear to me that the amount of teeth doesn’t match up with that of the human jaw. I started to scratch my head and wander what could I do. I had considered designing and sculpting them from the ground up, that was until I had an Epiphany!! I had decided on Baboon eyes "so what do baboon teeth look like?" I thought. After many hours of research I was very excited to see that baboon teeth would be perfect for what I want.

I found a source for these teeth made by Mohr Jaw sets. As you can see by the photo I have posted, these teeth have the same amount of teeth as a human jaw and also in the same configuration. Of course the jaw is a lot longer than that of a human jaw making them perfect for a werewolf.

Next time I will talk about the Hair...

No comments: